Powered by Blogger.

mario badescu silver powder review (bye bye blackheads!)

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I am fortunate that I don't really get pimples - just a couple in really odd places when I'm about to get my period.

It's a different story for blackheads and whiteheads. I don't think anyone in the world is immune to these two. No matter how flawless a person may appear, there will always be several of them lurking somewhere...

Mine are predominantly located at the tip and sides of my nose but I also get a few on the apples of my cheeks and mustache area. :P

I have tried many blackhead eliminating products but none of them really worked, exfoliating also doesn't help much. The only solution really was to get a facial and have them pricked (ouch!) I really hate the painful contrast of pricking against the nice facial massage that comes beforehand...it's also quite pricey.

That brings us to Mario Badescu's Silver Powder:

mario badescu silver powder philippines
Mario Badescu's Silver powder is pretty affordable at just P745 for a large 29ml pot. You get a lot of product for your money that will last you a long, long time.

Key ingredients are Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin and Zinc Oxide. Yup, just 3, isn't that refreshing? No lengthy list of chemicals we don't understand.

How it works: dip a wet cotton ball into the powder, leave for 10 minutes and remove with a toner.
Alternate method: Put a little bit of the powder in a separate container and mix in with a little water.

The consistency should be that of clay/plaster.

mario badescu silver powder
Apply mixture onto problem areas of your face (ie. where you have excessive oil, clogged pores and blackheads) and wait 10 minutes.

mario badescu silver powder review
The result is noticeably fairer and clearer skin with a more even tone just after one application:

mario badescu silver powder review
If you have a severe blackhead/acne problem, continue to use twice a week until all traces are gone then treat as a maintenance product and re-apply as needed. Some people even use it as mask or add a drop of tea tree oil to the mixture and leave overnight.

Mario Badescu's Silver Powder worked miracles on my skin, it was also non-drying even on areas of my face that weren't particularly oily (as you can see in the photo I applied it to most of my face). There was no negative reaction either. I highly recommend it and hope it works for you too!

The packaging also allows you to split the product between friends/sisters so I think that's another plus because it means that you can also split the cost.

Mario Badescu is available at the Beauty Source of all Rustans Department Stores nationwide.

***all photos are unedited and taken at the exact same location with the exact same camera settings.


JOIN MY GIVEAWAYS:

No comments:

Post a Comment