Powered by Blogger.

feta mediterranean restaurant greenhills menu + review

Monday, April 14, 2014

As you can see below, my photos are of different quality. That's because I have been returning to Feta for several consecutive days trying to sample as many dishes as I can. Some visits were unplanned hence the phone photos.

Feta is a newly opened Mediterranean restaurant along Annapolis St. in Greenhills, San Juan beside Atlanta Tower. If you are familiar with Bistro Miyake, it's what took over its old spot.

It is owned and looked over daily by Turkish nationals so the food is really authentic and the ingredients used are fresh and premium.




Aside from cooked food, they also sell some Mediterranean delicacies, jams and ingredients like all sorts of jams, flours and oils.



They also have a wood oven and serve freshly baked extremely delicious traditional breads. A must try on your first visit especially when prices start at just P40! They also make a great healthy afternoon snack with traditional Turkish tea.






Another great merienda option is their Turkish Pizza which only costs P120. It's the type you roll up. Yummy!

Turkish Pizza
Adana Kebab - P270
Bread Basket
I won't go into detail for every dish because this will turn into an extremely long and possibly boring post. Let me just say that so far, nothing has disappointed me yet. Everything I've tried has been extremely delightful. Good enough for me to consider Feta as the best Mediterranean restaurant in Manila, price x quality-wise.

Iskender - P350
As a result of my multiple visits, I have developed some favorites and that I will share with you.

First, their Iskender. I don't know of any other restaurant that serves this in our country. I fail to remember if Greeka does but anyway, Feta's is really affordable considering the size of their serving. It is mouthwatering and terribly hard to resist. So hard that I end up ordering it each time. I know if I don't, Dennis will and I'll just spend the rest of our meal feeling jealous.

It's finely sliced beef in a special sauce served with yoghurt and Turkish rice or bead. You might want to ask them to serve the bread/rice on the side instead. It's pure heaven.

Turkish Tea
Their salads are also worth trying. Different but good, extremely refreshing for the warm weather and perfect for those trying to lose weight. Most of them have feta cheese and fresh olives...


It's also great that you can opt to order a Baklava in bite-size for just P50. Perfect size to cap off a meal. If you're a sweet tooth, you can also order the full size for P150.

Baklava

Their Falafels are also mmmmmm...salivating already. Have it with fresh bread and order some freshly baked warm pita to go along with it. You won't be sorry.

Falafel
My daughter's favorite and mine too before I tried their Iskender, the Adana Kebab. One serving is huge and perfect if you're in the mood for something clean tasting and delicate. The flavor of this dish relies on the freshness of the ingredients and the umami factor of their Turkish rice. Don't be fooled though, it is also heavy on the belly once you finish it off with a flourish from the pita that comes with it.

Adana Kebab - Chicken
And lastly, their pizza which I was a bit hesitant to try at first because it isn't a native Mediterranean dish. I though it would be a waste of money but no. It is the best pizza I've had this side of Manila. It's huge and very affordable at just P340.

The crust is perfection and their tomato/pizza sauce is the right amount of sweet/tang. I think they make it from scratch with fresh tomatoes.

Another must-order for me during every visit is their Yoghurt drink. It works wonders to calm the stomach especially after a bad hangover.

Margarita Pizza, Yoghurt Drink, Fresh Mango Shake
I have been doing cartwheels eversince they opened. I think it's great that I have another quality option nearby and not just Chinese. (You know my area is saturated with those and I am up to my ears in Yang Chow.) It's a plus that Mediterranean food is one of the healthiest cuisines around. Mostly grilled and really, really clean on the palette. They're also vegan friendly. Perfect timing now that I am trying to get more fit and healthy, it's also located at the ground floor building of my Crossfit Box so what could be better than that? 

Please come, try it out, give them business. I assure you, it's worth the travel. I have nothing to gain from this post, I just want to help them out cause their food and price points are really good and I'm a bit worried cause their location is know for being bad luck for business. Let's help them stay open for a long time! :)

PS. Don't order the Sis Kebab...small, expensive and disappointing.


GIVEAWAYS:

No comments:

Post a Comment