Powered by Blogger.

ootd: andy warhol's velvet underground

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

 The moment I laid eyes on this shirt during the launch of Uniqlo's collaboration with Moma (see here), I knew I had to have it. In fact, I was carrying it along the entire time while snapping photos. I have long been a fan of Warhol and I chose this particular shirt because of the story behind it.

In case you didn't know, Andy Warhol was responsible for the Velvet Underground's logo which is this banana :)

Despite being a fan of both the artist and the band, the simple color scheme of the shirt also makes it a great foundation piece for many different outfits. I would love to layer it next time but it's too hot right now to do that so I just wore it alone and styled it simply for an afternoon buffet at Vikings with friends.

Trying to channel that effortless "off-duty" vibe with the top-knot and slip on sneakers but I'm short so...don't judge. haha

velvet underground shirt street style
uniqlo x moma
uniqlo X moma andy warhol shirt and jeggings | mphosis necklace | steve madden leopard slip ons | zara bag | nick automatic sunglasses

GIVEAWAYS:


No comments:

Post a Comment